This is without a doubt my favorite part of the BCTC experience. Belgian after Belgian after Belgian gets old pretty quick (for me) these days so it’s good to take a break from it all and start drinking something different. That plus walking around meeting new people who are willing to share a beer and food, dropping in on other friend’s camp sites, watching the movie and the fireworks all make for a really great night.
We started the night drinking some really great beers, eating a shit ton of brats in sauerkraut, and ended the morning around 6AM drinking pretty much anything that still had liquid in it (several times I was chugging a magnum of Jameson, ugh). Yes, we were “those guys” who were being complained to “take it down a notch”. Yeah, that didn’t really work out, and pretty much all of the other stragglers that were still up at any of the campsites within earshot (and further) came over to hang out and kinda just made things louder. Honestly this was the best time I’ve ever had at BCTC and I thank all who were there to hang out.
Thanks to Mike, Jon, Scott Jr., and Adam for sharing!
The lineup of the night:
- King Henry – Goose Island Beer Co.
- 2008 Bourbon County Brand Stout – Goose Island Beer Co.
- Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout – Goose Island Beer Co.
- Juliet – Goose Island Beer Co.
- Curieux - Allagash Brewing Company (not pictured)
- Imperial Milk Porter (Stranahan Whiskey Barrel Aged) – Cigar City Brewing
- Frangelic Mountain Brown – Founders Brewing Company
- Three Penny Especiale – Lawson’s Finest Liquids
- Bourbon Barrel Backburner - Southern Tier Brewing Company (not pictured growler)