Pretty solid (tentative) lineup of breweries and beers for this Friday’s Night of the Barrels. Unlike with Night of the Funk, I’ll be attending this one instead of volunteering for it, so I’m looking forward to getting some more time mingling with all of the brewers and enjoying the beers a little more.
I’m starting to think about how I want to approach the festival, which lines are going to be longest and which beers are going to kick most quickly. I like to have a game plan and know exactly what beers I have to try first and then just walk around and BS the rest of the festival and drink whatever ends up in my cup.
After having Maple Bacon Coffee Porter at Hunahphu Day last year, and knowing I won’t be able to get to to their brewery on my trip to Florida in March, I think the Sour Apple In Apple Brandy Barrels from Funky Buddha is going to be my first drink of the day, followed by Cascade’s Bourbonic Plague and Vlad the Imp Aler. Bourbon Barrel Plead the 5th and Cuvee de Tomme are next on my list, with a stop at The Bruery for some Black Tuesday and White Chocolate to follow. Allagash has two new beers they’re bringing along, so I definitely want to get my hands on them (still haven’t had any of their Coolships). Tire Hands has a really interesting sounding spontaneously fermented stout aged in oak barrels that hasn’t even been tapped at their tasting room so I’ll definitely want to get a smaple of that, and then I’ll round out the day with some locals from Night Shift, Idle hands, and Cambridge. Everything else will just be icing on the cake.
4 Hands Brewing Co.
- Cuvee Ange — Saison / Farmhouse Ale, 5.5% (aged in cab, merlot, and grenache barrels)
- No Place Like Home — American Amber / Red Ale, 10% (Double Red aged in Cabernet barrels)
Allagash Brewing Co.
- Allagash Golden Brett — American Wild Ale, 7.5% *
- Allagash Midnight Brett — American Wild Ale, 7.5% *
Avery Brewing Co.
- Odio Equum — American Wild Ale, 7.1%*
Boston Beer Co. (Samuel Adams)
- Samuel Adams American Kriek (Barrel Room Collection) — American Wild Ale, 7%
- Samuel Adams Utopias — American Strong Ale, 27% (2012 Vintage)
Boulevard Brewing Co.
- Rye-on-Rye — Rye Beer, 12% (aged in oak rye whiskey casks)
Burley Oak Brewery
- Barrel Aged Rude Boy — American Amber / Red Ale, 8%
- Lower Class Barleywine — English Barleywine, 11% (aged in whiskey barrels)
Cambridge Brewing Co.
- Cerise Cassée American Sour Ale — American Wild Ale, 7.75%*
- OM — Belgian Strong Pale Ale, 9.4%
- Ozymandias — American Strong Ale, 15%
- The Colonel’s Barrel-aged Porter — American Porter, 0%
Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
Cascade Brewing / Raccoon Lodge & Brewpub
- Cascade Bourbonic Plague — American Wild Ale, 11.5%*
- Cascade Sang Royal — American Wild Ale, 9.35% (2009 vintage)
- Cascade Vlad The Imp Aler — American Wild Ale, 10.6%*
- Figaro — American Wild Ale, 9.5% (aged in Chardonnay barrels)
Cigar City Brewing
- Imperial Sweet Stout – Cognac Barrel Aged — Milk / Sweet Stout, 11%
- Jai Alai IPA – White Oak — American IPA, 7.5%
Dark Horse Brewing Co.
- Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead The 5th — Russian Imperial Stout, 14%*
- Dark Horse Lambeak Wants Dragonfruit — American Wild Ale, 8%*
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Noble Rot – French Oak Pinot Gris Barrel Aged — Saison / Farmhouse Ale, 9%
- World Wide Stout – Bourbon Barrel Aged — American Double / Imperial Stout, 18%
Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
- Firestone 16 – Anniversary Ale — American Strong Ale, 13%
Founders Brewing Co.
- Founders Backwoods Bastard — Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy, 10.2%
- Founders Bolt Cutter — American Barleywine, 15%
Half Acre Beer Co.
- Barrel Aged Baumé — American Stout, 7.2% (bourbon barrel aged)
- Harpoon Grand Pappy’s Sugar Shack — Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy, 10% (aged in Makers barrel w/ maple syrup)
Heavy Seas Beer
- Heavy Seas – Siren Noire Imperial Chocolate Stout — American Double / Imperial Stout, 8% (Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrels)
Idle Hands Craft Ales
Left Hand Brewing Co.
- Barrel-Aged Wake Up Dead — American Double / Imperial Stout, 10.2%
Night Shift Brewing
- Snow — American Stout, 4.5% (White Stout)*
Oskar Blues Brewery & Tasty Weasel Tap Room
- Chardonnay Barrel-Aged Mama’s Little Yellow Pils — Czech Pilsener, 5.3%
Shmaltz Brewing Co.
- He’Brew Jewbelation Fifteen — American Strong Ale, 15%
- He’Brew Origin Pomegranate Ale – Barrel-Aged — American Strong Ale, 0%
Short’s Brewing Co.
- Bourbon Evil Urges — Belgian Strong Dark Ale, 9%
- Bourbon Goodnight Bodacious — American Black Ale, 9%
- Cina-Billy — Doppelbock, 7% (brewed w/ cinnamon & dates aged in bourbon barrels)
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Narwhal Imperial Stout – Barrel Aged — Russian Imperial Stout, 12.9%
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale – Whiskey Barrel-Aged — American Barleywine, 12.3%
Smuttynose Brewing Co.
- Smuttynose Baltic Porter – Bourbon Barrel Aged — Baltic Porter, 9%
Stone Brewing Co.
- Imperial Russian Stout — Russian Imperial Stout, 10.5% (2008 Vintage)
- Black Tuesday — American Double / Imperial Stout, 19.2% (2012 Vintage)*
- White Chocolate — Wheatwine, 14.25%*
The Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery
- Sour Apple In Apple Brandy Barrels — American Wild Ale, 6.5%
The Lost Abbey
- Cuvee De Tomme — American Wild Ale, 11%*
- Deliverance — American Strong Ale, 12.5%
- Veritas 011 — American Barleywine, 13.46%
Tired Hands Brewing Co.
- Only Void — American Double / Imperial Stout, 12% (Spontaneously fermented, oak aged)*
Tröegs Brewing Co.
- Scratch Beer 87 – 2013 (Bourbon Barrel-Aged Troegenator) — Doppelbock, 11.5%
- Golden State Of The Oak — Belgian Pale Ale, 7.2% (chardonnay barrel-aged)
Weyerbacher Brewing Co.
- Insanity — English Barleywine, 11.1%
Anything else here you’re excited about and should be on my “must try” list? Leave it in the comments.