Lotta cool shit coming up this month, let’s dive right into it, shall we?
NY Burger Week | May 1st – 7th
Some pretty boss burger events, beer pairing dinners, etc. happening in NY this week. I won’t be able to make it so I will be killing it at home with some house ground half chuck, half pork belly burgers. Who wants in?
A Rare and Unique Craft Beer Experience @ Bootleggers on Broadway | May 2nd
The title may be a misnomer (at least if you’re reading this blog) but the tap list is still worthy.
Wild Game Night with Firestone Walker @ The City Beer Hall | May 2nd
Kaelin has already assured me that Wookey, 14th Anniversary (!!!), Parabola, and Sucuba is all on the menu. For the food check out Daniel B’s post.
Tree House Brewing Co. @ The Dive Bar | May 3rd
The crew from Tree House will be kicking off patio season at The Dive Bar with live music, good company and of course some Tree House beer.
Big Brew Day @ The Homebrew Emporium | May 4th
Homebrew Emporium is holding their 13th (!!!) annual Big Brew Day this Saturday with the English Dark Mild recipe found here. While the ingredients are still free, they’re asking that all brewers donate $10 to Boston Food Bank and bring a nonperishable food item for their can drive that will be running until May 5th.
Derby Day | May 4th
Time to kick back with a New England Distilling Rum Julep!
Food Truck Festival @ River Front Park | May 4th
I’m all for this. The Food Truck scene in Albany is pretty basic, consisting of the equivalent of carnie food and a sea of cupcake trucks. I’d love to see a huge movement towards some really interesting food while some of the insanely strict food truck rules getting a bit more laxed.
Three Penny Taproom’s Montbeerlier @ Langdon Street | May 4th
Three Penny’s ever growing anniversary party. Casks. Kegs. Sausages. Live music. Need I say more?? Wait, did I mention a new brew collaboration with Grassroots Brewing?
Intermezzo Release @ Carton Brewing | May 12
Green Apple and Wasabi sour. Sounds fantastic!
American Craft Beer Week | May 13th-19th
In case you needed another reason to drink great craft beer…
- Beer Trivia @ The Ruck | May 13th: An extra awesome prize of some Hill Farmstead stuff for the winner.
- East Coast vs. West Coast IPA Throwdown @ The Ruck | May 14th: Enjoy By 5/17/13 vs. Ghandi Bot
- Rushing Duck Launch @ The Ruck | May 15th: Never before carried in the Capital District, they’ve recently been picked up by my friends at Remarkable Liquids. Owners will be in house and Rushing Duck will be pouring from kegs and casks.
- Rushing Duck Launch @ Excelsior Pub | May 16th: If you can’t make it to The Ruck’s event you have another option to try this area’s latest brew.
- Kick the Kegs Party @ The Ruck | May 16th: Gotta make room for all the DFH kegs going on the next day. Anyone who kicks a keg that night will receive a full serving of a very special hush hush beer on DFH Night.
- Dogfish Head Night @ The Ruck | May 17th: Tap list TBA.
- Wild Beer Roundup @ Allagash Brewing Co.| May 18th: Ghoulschip, Vrienden, Old HLT, & Coolship Single Barrel One. 2 bottle limit total. $15 a bottle. Doors open at 8AM.
- WHERE THE WILD BEERS ARE Brooklyn 2013 @ The Gutter | May 19th: The most well organized bottle share I’ve ever heard of. Signups and more info here.
- A Craft Brew Experience @ Pasta Pane | May 19th: Brew Tour of ADK Pub and Olde Saratoga, followed by beer pairing dinner at Pasta Pane. Transportation to and from breweries included.
St. Sophia Greek Festival | May 16th – 19th
A tradition for Elise and I. Gyros and Loukoumathes anyone?
2nd Annual Lager Cask Fundraiser Session @ The Tavern Framingham | May 24th – May 25th
Three sessions with Jack’s Abby and some of the best breweries New England has to offer, all to benefit One Mission. Tickets here.
Third Anniversary Celebration @ Hill Farmstead Brewery | May 25th
SOLD OUT. Sadly I won’t be making it to this one. I will however be camping up in Waterbury that weekend so if anyone is coming up early and wants to get their drink on, let me know.
Bottle Release @ Hill Farmstead Brewery | May 26th
Elaborative #1, Prolegomena, and a yet unannounced Imperial Stout.