Ah, another Draft Mag Top 100 list, another reminder to do more traveling outside the East Coast. Didn’t make much headway this year, as some of the bars I’ve hit in past (Bier Markt, Sunset Tap and Grill) are off this year’s list, so while I have hit four new places since last year, I’m only up to nine total.
- THE ARMSBY ABBEY | Worcester, Mass. (Armsby Abbey)
- BLIND TIGER | New York, N.Y. (Cheers and Beers at Blind Tiger)
- DEEP ELLUM | Allston, Mass. (Lunch at Deep Ellum)
- EBENEZER’S PUB | Lovell, Maine (Night of Great Thirst)
- LORD HOBO | Cambridge, Mass. (Lord Hobo)
- NOVARE RES | Portland, Maine (Zwanze Day at Novare Res)
- RATTLE N HUM | New York, N.Y. (Harpoon Leftovers at Rattle N Hum)
- REDLIGHT, REDLIGHT | Orlando, Fla. (Redlight Redlight [East Coast Road Trip])
- THREE PENNY TAPROOM | Montpelier, Vt. (Quick Lunch at Three Penny Taproom)
I’m hoping to add ChurchKey to this list next month, Monk’s Cafe during Philly Beer Week, and surely Torst is in my sights later this year. How many of America’s Best Beer Bars have you been to?
EDIT: For clarity, I just want to reiterate, this is not my top list of bars, this is a personal recollection of the places I’ve visited that were featured on Draft Mag’s America’s Best Beer Bars for 2014. Please click through the link at the top or bottom of this post to see their full list.
Source: Draft Mag