Just a shit ton of Florida craft beer. The haul from last weeks trip: Continue reading
B. Nektar Meadery
Beer Run at Craft Beer Cellar
I gotta say, I walked away from this place very impressed. This is exactly the kind of bottle shop I’d love to see in the Capital District: a no bullshit, craft beer-only focused beer store, with none of the BMC beer, lotto, and cigarettes found in stores around here.
I also really dig the way they have their bottles set up. It’s separated by imports and domestic, and within that, it’s organized from East Coast to West Coast. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen beer organized this way and it made it very easy to find what you’re looking for.
They even had an awesome selection of glassware, mustards, hot sauces, shirts and other beer related swag. It was a nice touch, and I definitely could have blew the beer budget on stuff like that alone.
It was great to see a meadery in stock there that I have had my eye on for a while: B. Nektar Meadery. I couldn’t help but pick up some Zombie Killer along with the rest of my haul before heading to Night Shift Brewing. If you’re making the trip to Boston for some reason, go out of your way to hit up Craft Beer Cellar. You won’t regret it.
Gratuitous Beer Porn From trxxpaxxs’ Cellar
– Snapped these pics after the Gang Bang Beer It Forward. We didn’t drink any of these that day but I’d be doing all of you guys a disservice if I didn’t show off his stash. Some pretty impressive stuff here. Eat it up!
- 2011 Fifty Fifty Eclipse Horizontal
- Surly Darkness ‘08
- Dark Horse Brewing Company Plead the 5th Horizontal
- The Bruery Partridge in a Pear Tree
- The Bruery Coton
- The Bruery Cuir
- The Bruery Autumn Maple Horizontal
- B. Nektar Meadery Zombie Killer
- Infected Beers
Beer Haul from Night Shift and Craft Beer Cellar
Tried keeping it as local as possible but there were a couple of things at CBC that were on my wants list.
- Backlash Beer Company – Convergence
- Idle Hands Craft Ales – Triplication
- Jack’s Abby Brewing – Hoponius Union
- Night Shift Brewing – Somer Weisse
- Night Shift Brewing – Viva Habanera
- Night Shift Brewing – Trifecta
- Somerville Brewing Company – Slumbrew Trekker Tripel
And a couple from out of state:
- B. Nektar Meadery – Zombie Killer
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewery – Barrel Aged Naked Evil
Full write up on both stops coming soon!