Hey guys, I have a huge favor to ask of you. I’m sure you’ve seen this pooch on my Instagram before if not all over my friend Ross’s BeerAdvocate (IndyDad), TalkBeer (IndysDad), and Facebook pages. Indy has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma, recently had his leg amputated to relieve some of his pain, and is currently doing bi-weekly chemotherapy treatments. Needless to say, these are tough times for Indy and his medical bills are piling up.
A GoFundMe page has been set up by Michelle and Ross to help offset some of those costs. Every little bit helps. To help kickstart things ever further, I would like to donate some bottles to be raffled off, and I know there are some others in the beer community who would like to donate bottles as well. I’m going to start the first box off with two bottles from yesterday’s Sour’d in September release, Flaming Fury Batch #2 and Barrel Select Pomegranate. I’m sure between all of us going up, we’ll be able to donate bottle(s) of what they’re releasing at Hill Farmstead during Zwanze Day next weekend as well.
UPDATE 1: We’re splitting up the bottles to 6 bottle prizes to give more people the opportunity to win. Denis has graciously donated a bunch of bottles to help out with the raffle, more than enough to fill out one of the boxes on his own. Pics to follow.
UPDATE 2: Indy will be present during the raffle! Michelle will be bringing him over after work so we can draw the prizes at Sausage Fest.
UPDATE 3: Fresh delivery of goodies came in last night. Pic of the sessiness added below!
UPDATE 4: Oliver’s has donated a $50 gift card! Read below how we’re going to handle that for out of towners.
UPDATE 5: Mike G over at TalkBeer has also donated a bottle of Hill Farmstead Peleg and Westy XII. Since he’ll be shipping it from his location I’ll be tacking that onto the Hill Farmstead box!
UPDATE 6: The crew over at Westmere Beverage just added a growler/t-shirt combo. Jeremy at Westmere will be sending the box directly to the winner.
UPDATE 7: SammyJaxxxx over on BeerAdvocate has donated a nice box of Westies and Loons. Sammy will be sending the box directly to the winner.
UPDATE 8: Hill Farmstead Dorothy and Convivial in hand, thanks to Mike Smith (vonnegut21 on TB/BA). Plus New England Attempted RedRum from Ben Drinks Beer.
UPDATE 9: George from The Bier Abbey has donated a killer set of vintage Captain Lawrence bottles. George will be sending the box directly to the winner.
UPDATE 10: HUGE update this morning to the Indy Likes Beer Beer Raffle! We’re on our last couple of days before we draw and we could really use a huge push here!
First up we have the final bottle for the sour box courtesy of Aaron Wittman, Sourtooth Tiger from The Rare Barrel. I’ve also thrown in an Arthur and Florence to the Hill Farmstead Brewery box so those two boxes are now complete.
Next up, and this is REALLY cool, Jade from Rogue Ales has reached out to us to show their support and donate a couple of cool items to add as another prize. The beer they included is Big Ass Barrel Brewer’s Ale, a beer dedicated to John Maier’s dog Brewer. The prize includes the bottle, which will be signed by John Maier, and an up cycled dog collar from Cycle Dog (made out of up cycled bike tires).
Lastly, and this is the BIG one, we’re putting together one last HUGE stretch goal box that we’ll raffle off if we hit $6000 tomorrow. This will include Black Tuesday, Vera Mae, Damon, Batch 1 E., Frog Run, Peche and Brett, and Attempted RedRum. And to top it off, HotMetal (James R. Clark) has generously donated the biggest, baddest bottle opener to end all bottle openers. It’s a completely custom, one-off Battle Axe Bottle Opener AKA Badass Motherfucker (Ross’s words, not mine, haha). This puppy is valued at $300 alone, so this is one hell of a grand prize. We’ll ONLY be offering up this prize if we reach the stretch goal of $6000 dollars tomorrow, so please, buy more tickets, share it on social media, get your friends on it.
UPDATE 11: Winners were drawn at SausageFest on 9/27. I’ve added the winners names here but a full post on the night and winners is forthcoming.
The current list of prizes:
STRETCH GOAL BOX – WINNER: Ashley Davis
- Custom, one-off Battle Axe Bottle Opener AKA Badass Motherfucker from HotMetal
- Hill Farmstead Vera Mae
- Hill Farmstead Damon
- FiddleHead Frog Run Sap Beer
- New England Brewing Company Attempted RedRum
- Bullfrog The Jaspers (not pictured)
- Hill Farmstead E. Batch #1 (not pictured)
- Peche and Brett (not pictured)
- The Bruery Black Tuesday (not pictured)
- Captain Lawrence Flaming Fury Batch #2
- Captain Lawrence Barrel Select Pomegranate
- Cascade Vlad the Impaler 2011
- Sang Royal 2009
- Upland Viola
- The Rare Barrel – Sourtooth Tiger
- Sang Noir 2012
- Keegan Ales Super Kitty 11/28/10 #214 of 500
- Dark Lord 2011
- Pelican Mother of all Storms 2010
- Pelican Mother of all Storms 2013
- Big Sky Ivan the Terrible 2012 #2541 of 4200
- (Vlad and Sang Noir from this picture have been moved to the Sour Box to keep each box at 6 bottles)
- Peleg / Westy XII
- EXTRA: Heady Topper X 2
- Westy 12
- Westy 8
- Westy Blonde
- Lambickx (2012)
- Cantillon Iris
- Cantillon Gueuze 100% Lambic-Bio
- De Ranke Noir De Dottignies
- Cuvee de Castleton Batch 3
- Brett Infected Golden Delicious
- Rosso E. Marron Batch 3
- Rosso E. Marron Batch 4
- Smoke from the Oak Apple Brandy Barrel Aged
- Hops and Roses 2012
- Big Ass Barrel Brewer’s Ale, signed by John Maier
- Up cycled dog collar from Cycle Dog (made out of up cycled bike tires)
DRINK LIKE A LOCAL BOX – WINNER: TJ McNichols
- $50 OLIVER’S GIFT CARD – If the winner is local, you will get the gift card directly and you can spend it how you choose.
- OR – If the winner is not from the area, then Ross and I will reach out to you and see what types of beers you like and availability of beers to you and your area. We’ll then head down to Oliver’s and put together a box which the Oliver’s crew will send out.
- Westmere is donating a branded swing top growler filled with beer of the winner’s choice. Check their growler page for the latest updates.
- Westmere T-Shirt x 2
For every $10 you donate to Indy’s Fund, you’ll get an entry into the raffle. Shoot me an email at BeerTraveler@thefuj.com after you’ve donated with your amount. Please make sure when you donate you do not do so anonymously so I can double check things. We’ll be drawing the raffle at Sausage Fest on the 27th (the winner does not have to be present).
You know as a fellow beer lover and dog lover this kind of thing would devastate me if something like this happened to Kuma, and like Ross and Michelle I’d be doing everything in my power to make things better for my pooch. If you are a like-minded beer geek and dog lover, make sure you donate. And if you are an individual, brewer, bar owner, bottle shop owner or distributor and have other bottles you’d like to contribute, please reach out to me at BeerTraveler@thefuj.com. Thank you all!